Rules of entry
Entries for the Creative Review Photography Annual are now closed. If you would like to speak to someone with regard to the entry process for next year please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Photography Annual is open to independent photographers, agencies or clients. Multiple entries can be made into the same category. The Photography Annual is open to countries worldwide. Ensure you check the ‘launched or published' period below (see 2.) to make sure your entry is eligible.
2. Any work entered must have been produced or first launched/broadcast/published between 1st June 2011 and 1st June 2012 to be eligible for entry. Please view the Categories page for the criteria against which your entry will be judged.
3. All entrants must complete the online part of the entry process via the Make an Entry page. All entries must include an explanatory brief. Entries will not be accepted by any other means.
4. Projects may be entered into more than one category as appropriate, but an entry fee of £50 + UK VAT (Single Entry) or £70 + UK VAT (Series Entry) must be paid for each entry submitted. We are not able to invoice for entries, however, you will find a pro-forma invoice included in the email confirmation received upon submission.
5. When entries are submitted on behalf of clients by agencies or other parties, Creative Review will assume client approval has been secured by the entering agency. If any issues arise concerning client sign-off once the entry has been submitted, no refund will be given.
6. All credits must be detailed when entering online. All information provided at the time of entry will be used to credit published work; however Creative Review reserves the right to amend your copy in order to adhere to editorial style where appropriate. If necessary this information may be condensed or edited for space in the issue, so please consider this when submitting. Creative Review accepts no responsibility for incorrect information provided.
7. Creative Review assumes that all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant/client the work is submitted on behalf of. As a condition of entry, the entrant grants Creative Review permission to reproduce the works in print and in digital format and attests that they have the right to grant this permission. Creative Review will not be held liable for any action or claim arising out of the reproduction of entered works in whatever format.
8. Entry Deadline: 5.30pm on Tuesday 14 August 2012. Entries may be edited up until the point of 'submission'; all submissions must be made by 5.30pm on Tuesday 14 August 2012. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the payment stage and selects a payment method.
9. Once submitted, entries are confirmed and non-refundable. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until you have proceeded to the payment stage and selected a payment method. Payments must be cleared by Tuesday 14 August 2012. Once payment has been received your entry/ies will be passed to the judges for review.
10. By submitting an entry the entrant confirms that they have read and agreed with the Rules of Entry and understand these now apply.
11. Any entry may be withdrawn for any reason up until 5.30pm Tuesday 14 August 2012 upon written request to the organisers; however the entry fee is non-refundable.
12. The judges reserve the right to re-categorise entries if they think another category would be more suitable. However, they cannot be expected to routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects.
13. Centaur Events/Creative Review accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of material submitted.
14. When making your entry you may upload a maximum of 6 images for a Series Entry, and 1 image for a Single Entry. Where the category deems that it would also be helpful to submit an image of the work in context, additional images will be accepted.
15. Work should be submitted in the following formats: RGB jpeg or tif for still images, and mov, mpeg, mp4 or mp3 files for moving image entries. Please ensure that your explanatory brief and any supporting material do not exceed the maximum upload limit of 5MB per entry.
16. The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding them.
17. Judges are not allowed to select work commissioned by themselves or by their organisation. Please bear this in mind when entering your work.
18. All entrants will be notified as to the status of their entries after the judging is complete. Selected entries will be published in the November 2012 edition of Creative Review (on stands October 2012).