CR is partnering with Bridgeman Images, the art licensing specialists, for the second annual Bridgeman Studio Award to source new talent for the contemporary art platform. You could win one of two major prizes this year – a product line on CultureLabel or a commission to produce an illustrated map for the Wilderness Festival
Tying in with the Wilderness Festival’s support, this year’s theme is The Great Outdoors. Entrants will be asked to provide digital images which sum up exploration, travel, freedom and wild nature. The brief is open to all artists and includes fine art, illustration and printmaking.
Full details, including entry form, here
Grand Prize – £500 Commission
Our Grand Prize this year is a £500 commission to create the Wilderness Festival map, which 15,000 visitors to the festival will receive on arrival. A work of art in itself, the map will fold out to A3 size.
– A profile of the artist will be added to the back of the Map, so this is an opportunity to tell your story, and show more work.
– Large sign posts with your final map design placed around the event including the entrance.
– PR coverage of the map commission including ‘The making of’ which will be created and distributed through Bridgeman and CultureLabel digital channels.
– Important: We are not looking for map designs/layouts at this stage. We are looking for images that have been inspired by the great outdoors. The winner will create the map based on their style and artwork. All you have to do is send us examples of your existing work
Uphill, 2012, by Bridgeman Studio artist Eliza Southwood, an example of the kind of work the judges are looking for
Three winners will receive their own product line (such as a limited edition print, tea-towel, T-shirt) on CultureLabel, featuring their images from which they will receive commission on every sale.
They will also be invited to join Bridgeman Studio for licensing and given one year’s free subscription.
• Competition open to all UK-based and international artists
• Maximum of 5 entries per artist.
• All artwork entered into the competition remains 100% copyright of the artist. You can enter existing images, you do not have to create work specially for the competition.
• All artwork can be used in marketing and advertising the competition from Bridgeman and third parties (including Creative Review) .
• Entrants must give permission for their names and photographs to be used for publicity.
• The entry can be photography, illustration, digital art or fine art.
• All artwork must be 100% original copyright owned by the artist and not use any third party copyright material.
• CultureLabel terms & conditions apply
• Entries must be supplied as two files, one high resolution .jpeg sized between 3MB and 5MB, and one low resolution version, sized between 250KB and 500KB
• By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to these terms and conditions
Submit up to five digital images on this theme to firstname.lastname@example.org
The results will be announced in CR’s August issue, plus across all Bridgeman social channels, blog and website.
This is also your chance to get professional representation for your work with potential licensing to a global audience through Bridgeman’s extensive worldwide client base.As a premium brand Bridgeman ensures the quality of all work that it licenses ensuring the artist is protected and paid accordingly. Bridgeman manages the copyright and license for your work if you decide to join after the competition.Good luck!