We’re conducting a major survey on the placement system within design studios and advertising agencies and we need your help. Please let us know how you organise internships at your company
In March 2004 CR conducted a survey into placements at design studios and advertising agencies. We wanted to provide a useful guide to anyone looking for a placement as well as to create a resource for both applicants seeking placements and companies providing them.
Our March 2004 cover, designed by Browns intern Mark Errington
We’re revisiting that topic for a future issue and would like your help in compiling an updated placement guide. Please answer the following questions in the comments section below.
We will compile the results for a future issue of CR and in order to create an online Placement Guide.
1. Company name
2. Do you take placement students?
3. How many each year and at what times?
4. In the past year, which colleges have placement students come from?
5. How long do placements last?
6. Do you pay placement students? How much?
7. How are they organised? (Is there a formal programme or is it ad hoc? Are they assigned specific tasks? Are they assigned a mentor? Is there a review process at the end of their stay?)
8. Describe what a placement student would typically be asked to do.
9. What information should be included when applying for a placement with you?
10. Who is in charge of placements? Please include contact email. (If you are worried about being bombarded with CVs, please leave this blank for now and we will contact you again before publication)
There are a lot of wider issues regarding the placement system which we would also like readers’ opinions on. They will be dealt with in a separate upcoming post.
Many thanks for your help
CR in Print
Thanks for reading the CR website, but if you are not also getting the printed magazine, we think you’re missing out. This month’s issue has a superb feature on the Sainsbury’s Own Label packaging of the 60s and 70s, a profile of new Japanese creative supergroup Party and our pick of this year’s top graduates. Read all about it here.
If you would like to buy this issue and are based in the UK, you can search for your nearest stockist here. Based outside the UK? Simply call +44(0)207 292 3703 to find your nearest stockist. Better yet, subscribe to CR for a year here and save yourself almost 30% on the printed magazine.