CR and Design Week have teamed up with London’s City University to offer one reader the chance to win a free scholarship on its Masters in Innovation, Creativity and Leadership course, starting this September. The university is seeking proposals for innovation in the field of sustainability – click through to find out how you can apply…
The MICL Scholarship, worth £9,950 to UK/EU winners, £19,950 to other international students (subsistence, living arrangements and travel are not included) will be awarded to the candidate who can demonstrate the best proposal within the university’s 2010 Innovation theme: Footprint Rethink.
Proposals are invited that will explore how an organisation can improve its carbon footprint and efficiency and, in particular, how these changes can be married to a business’ core operations.
The chosen candidate will be able to pursue their submitted ideas throughout the term of the course and encouraged to turn their ideas into action, actively supported by the City University teaching staff. Proposals can be for creative innovations in marketing communication, design, technology, research and development, process, education, political, health, commercial, financial, or via other ideas that may improve a business’ carbon footprint.
• Proposals must be submitted in English.
• Proposals are invited with a maximum of 750 words. Essays can be accompanied by illustration, video submissions, and presentations.
• Video submissions must be no longer than three minutes.
• Presentations e.g. Powerpoint must be no longer than five slides.
• Entries should be submitted by email before 26 July 2010 to email@example.com or by post to Centre for Creativity, College Building, City University London, Northampton Square, EC1V 0HB. Please mark the envelope with “Creative Review/Design Week Scholarship Competition”.
• Please include your full contact details, name, address, email, phone numbers, your CV and a statement of your eligibility (details here).
• Winning selections will be made by a panel of judges (including CR) chaired by the CUL Centre for Creativity’s director. An announcement of winners will be made by 18 August.
Terms and Conditions:
1. To be eligible for the scholarship for the Masters of Innovation Leadership and Creativity applicants must demonstrate:
• A minimum of three years of work experience.
• A first or second class honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualification). Prospective students who do not have a degree may yet be eligible based on their work experience. Please submit a supporting statement to demonstrate your eligibility for the course based on your work experience.
• The course is taught and evaluated in English. You should also have good professional English. For students whose first language is not English, one of the following qualifications may also be required: IELTS (6.5); TOEFL (internet-based, 100).
• Commitment and availability to complete the two-year part-time course. Starting 27 September 2010.
2. The Award of the Scholarship will be dependent on the judges’ view that an entry of appropriate excellence has been received and the judges’ decision is final.
3. No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
4. Your contact details will be kept by City University London and Creative Review and you will be updated with news about the Centre of Creativity including the MICL. For example, you may be invited from time to time to taster events and professional development workshops organised by the university and any discounted places available. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Full details of the Scholarship are also on City University’s Centre for Creativity website.